News from Ash Research & Campaigns Team
- Citizens Advice Ash is involved with the Ash Parish Dementia Action Alliance (APDAA). The week beginning 21st May is the national “Dementia Action Week” and locally several events have been arranged:
- Monday 21 May:
- Memory Lane at Shawfield Social Centre from 1.30-2.30pm – a fun sing-along group to help prevent memory loss
- Tuesday 22 May:
- 6.30pm- 9pm: free First Aid session at Shawfield Social Centre – contact the Community Wardens on 01483 444137 to book a place
- Wednesday 23 May:
- 2.30 -4pm: Tea dance at St Peters Centre, Ash Church Road – a fun event open to everyone.
- Thursday 24 May:
- 3pm – 5pm: Gazebo on Ash Wharf to promote dementia awareness.
- Friday 25 May:
- 1pm – 3pm: Meet and Greet at Ash Social Centre – many different agencies (including Citizens Advice) will be present.
- Sunday 27 May:
- 10am: Dementia Friendly service at St Peters Church, Ash, followed by refreshments at St Peters Centre.